Budi is a bioinformatics and data visualization enthusiast. He has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from the Bandung Institute of Technology Indonesia. Three years later in 2016, he continued his study in Master of Bioinformatics at the University of Queensland and finished it in one and a half year. During his master, he worked on research project focusing on haiViz, an interactive web application for the visualization of Health Care-associated Infections (HAI) outbreak analysis using Whole Genome Sequence SNP Typing (WGST) data, supervised by A.Prof Scott Beatson and Dr. Brian Forde. From there on, Budi joined the Beatson Lab and is now working on more fascinating features of HAIviz. He is passionate to apply various type of data visualization techniques to create a better framework for investigating outbreak of HAI.
Budi started his Ph.D. program in the Beatson Lab Group in January 2018. His research focus on exploring the computation model of genomic and epidemiological information for reconstructing outbreak transmission pathway.
During leisure time, he spent it to go fishing and doing other outdoor activities like camping, and bushwalking. He is also keep enhancing his skills in graphic design and videography.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Master of Bioinformatics, University of Queensland, Australia
- UQ Research Training Scholarship (PhD), The University of Queensland, Australia.
- Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education Scholarship (Master), Ministry of Finance, Indonesia
- ITB USM 2008 Full Scholarship, (Undergraduate). Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Research Assistant at Institut Teknologi Bandung (2013)
- R&D coordinator at ITB-Korea Cyber Security Center (2015)
- ASEAN Cyberkids Camp 2015 committee (2015)
- Publication team at UQ Indonesian Student Association (UQISA) (2017)
- Behavior of Pollinator Elaeidobius kamerunicus Faust (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) and Pollination Mechanism on Oil Palm Female Inflorescences (Elaeis guineensis Jacq) at Central Borneo, Indonesia.
- Estimating of Elaeis guineensis Pollen Grains Carried by Elaeidobius kamerunicus (Coleoptera : Curculionidae) Using Image Analysis and Processing Software.
- HAIviz : Visualizing genomic epidemiology of Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI)